Saturday, October 30, 2010

BED. BUGS.

So I don´t know why, but it seems like everytime I blog its in the middle of the night! Tonight tough, I have an excuse for being up so late...but let´s back track a little bit! Our schools are on vacation, so me and a friend decided to take advantage of the break and take a trip! So last tuesday, we arrived in Barcelona, and it´s been an awesome trip! Barcelona is definitely unlike anywhere I´ve ever been! It´s a beautiful city, and the weather was around 70 degrees everyday! There is a main tourist-y street called Las Ramblas, and you can see just about anything when you are walking up and down it! There are bums selling beer and weird whistle things, there are guys trying to sell light up toys...and about every 10 feet there is some type of human statue, or people pretending to be babies, or a guy covered in flowers...haha they are all just trying to get you to give them money to take a picture of them! (pictures to come...;) ) anyway, we basically walked ALL week. We also didn´t really sleep too well, because we were staying in hostels, so there was always lots of noise and such. Anyway the point is, it was an amazing week, but I am completely exausted. SO, tonight the hostel we booked is close to the airport, because our plane leaves at 8 so we thought it would be a good idea to be close...(the airport is about 30 mins from town) So we take a bus to the airport, then take a cab to the hostel where we are staying. Well, the cab driver didn´t know where the hostel was, and he couldn´t seem to locate the address on the GPS. He finally asks someone, and we make it to this place. It´s basically the creepiest place ever, in a super shady part of town. The reason it´s so strange though, is because it´s HUGE, and looks really nice, but there are literally no people here! We were just excited to get here though, because we were ready for a good nights sleep! So knowing we have to get up at 5 am, we go to bed at about 10...about 30 minutes later, I start feeling like something is crawling on me. At this point I´m like half asleep, so I just assume its my imagination and try to go back to sleep. I toss and turn for a few minutes, then I realize that it is NOT my imaginating, and something is biting me, like, a lot. I reached up and turned on the light by the bed...and there they were. The bugs. Not one. Not two. There were bugs everywhere. I jumped out of bed and ran and turned the overhead lights on and go back and look in my bed. I saw the last thing you ever want to see in a bed you were just laying in...it was disgusting. There were big ones, small ones....it was like a little bed bug community. So at this point I´m totally freaked out. I´m trying to shake out my clothes and hair (I´m convinced they are all over me...) After I calmed down a bit, we decided we were going to go down to the front desk, get our money back, and leave. Well...problem. The man at the front desk doesn´t speak a lick of english...and unfortunately, we don´t speak spanish. After much confusion, we finally get him to realize what is wrong, and he tells us there is nothing he can do about it, and the ladies that can help us will be back at 7 am. Awesome. So now we can´t go back to our room, we can´t leave...and we can´t believe this is happening! All we wanted was a good nights sleep! So now we are in the library, and Elizabeth is alseep on a desk. I tried to lay down and go to sleep but I couldn´t. And it wasn´t the cold hard desk, or the fact that its like 20 degrees, or the bright lights...no I´m pretty sure as tired as I am I could have slept in those conditions. What was keeping me awake was the fact that everytime I started to fall asleep, I keep feeling like I had bugs on me! So now it´s 4 am...I don´t foresee sleep anytime in my near future, and I have to get on a plane at 8 am...needless to say, I think it´s going to be a long day...

No comments:

Post a Comment